Thursday, November 26, 2020

Supervision Skype with Helen

Today I had a Skype call with Helen to talk through my essay draft so far. 

I am feeling confident with the way my essay is shaping and finding that as I write my review I am learning more and more about my inquiry topic and how it relates to my own personal practise so closely. I am able to explore and consolidate my learning through writing this essay and I feel this is helping me to develop as a professional. 

In terms of having my review down on paper, I am at the point where I need to consolidate my essay to make it clear what each part is talking about. I find that sometimes when I write it can be waffly so I need to ensure my points and clear and precise. 

Helen was very helpful in ensuring my that I am on the right track and just need to keep working on it to refine the details. This has given me confidence to keep improving, not only on my work but also by looking at how this process has changed my perception. I feel that for me, my inquiry has altered the way I perceive inequality within the performance industry and will make me reflect on experiences in a different light. 


Now I am also focusing on making my artefact for module three. I am creating a maze to represent how the pathway to a successful career isn't a straight line. I have learnt that there are many obstacles in order to reach your goals wether that's gender or other factors such as age, height, body type etc. I am enjoying this process as it is a creative way to show my findings. 

It will be interesting to hear how everyone else feels they are developing from reviewing their process. Please comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Presentations

  Having come to the end of this BA course, I found preparing for the presentation was a great way to consolidate my findings and draw toget...